Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Love and marriage, and Madonna

Madonna has revealed that she and her hubby went through such a tough period she said they almost split, and she now says there’s no such thing as a perfect “soulmate.”

“I got married for all the wrong reasons,” she says in her documentary, “I’m Going To Tell You A Secret.” “My husband did not turn out to be everything I had imagined him to be. I just wanted to end everything.”

But, Madonna says, she came to realize that she had unrealistic expectations of marriage. “There is no such thing as the perfect soulmate,” she said. “If someone and you think they are perfect, you had better run as fast as you can in the other direction. Your soulmate is the person that pushes all your buttons. The person who [bleeps] you off on a regular basis and makes you face your [bleep]. . . . I thank God every day that I married a man who makes me think. That is my definition of true love.”